Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slcman

Word shifting instructionWSFT

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for word shifting instruction (like WSFT with Omron controller) in compactlogix controller. I only found BSL instruction (bit level). Thanks

FFL & FFU. Or you could skip moving all the memory around and just use pointers and indirect addressing.

I'm not sure FFL & FFU will be the solution. I explain my application: I shift a word (16 bit) who contain product spec on a conveyor . Operator select the position of the machine with panelview and machine make function in regard of bit (I use indirect adressing) ex WITH OMRON: DM are shifted, DM0000 is the pointer changed thru a touchscreen so in this example DM0000 = 1004 DM1000 DM1001 DM1002 DM1003 DM1004 <-- I use indirect adressing for load spec a this point. DM1005 [...] DM1050 The operator can change position few time a day. With Omron I shift one word thru DM1000 to DM1050, my min. and max position. I repeat this logic few time in my logic.....I don't want to use mov instruction... A powerfull plc like Compactlogix 1769-L32E don't have word shifting instruction???? strange thanks

make the ladder like above make high the shift bit for once using ONS instuction & also have the array in temp & test more then the length for example for length 10 have 14 element array Edited by rpraveenkum

Thanks, it's excatly what I need! This forum is very great, thanks again

A few years ago I had an overhead towing conveyor system that pulled several different types of carts. 1. Loaded Bomb carts 2. Unloaded Bomb carts 3. Loaded Fuse Carts 4. Unloaded Fuse Carts 5. Loaded Supply Carts 6. Unloaded Supply Carts The tracking for those carts were setup with word shifting in a PLC-2, later a PLC-5. We had to keep QSD (Quanity Safe Distance) between loaded bomb carts and always kept the other carts separated by 2 spaces. There were four buildings involved in the transfer as well as four transfer conveyors to direct the carts to the right destination. We setup a zone control word shift, we used the move function and one single key shift limit switch. If I remember correctly we had 150, give or take a couple, zones. Each cart had reflectors in positions that indicated their status and type. ONce the cart was read at the entry point in building A or B a specific number was set in the word which would indicate which cart we had and what was loaded in it. Coming from Bujilding D we also used directional reflectors to indicate which building the destination was for any cart. When the carts from A and B would enter the transfer building © the spacing would be compared to last cart through and the transfer mechanisms would hold a loaded cart until the QSD was achieved. Coming from D the transfer building would put the carts on the destination conveyor. Whth all of the data available we build a graphic tracking program that displayed the cart and type at each of the zones through out the length of the conveyors. Believe it or not that was the easiest way to track all of our carts. (at that time). I haven't considered much since I left there of how to improve the system, but I'm sure that if I were doing it today I'd find a better way to handle some of the situations we faced. Building C was not climate controlled and the transfer mechanisms were run by Air Motors. When it was cold they would run slow and cause crashes, in the summer they would run fast and sometimes bump the "shoes" that grabbed the masts. (Electric motors would have been preferable for thsie transfers or having an method of automatically adjusting the air for speed.) The tracking switch was accomplished in two directions. To A&B and To D. The last tracking word would be moved first and then backwards all the way the the first word. I think the overall distance one way in the system was almost 3/8 mile.