Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ifriarod

PLC Network with Kepware OPC

4 posts in this topic

Hi to all of you I neet to take the values from plc´s (speed, cut´s, etc). The reason to use radio modems is the dificulty to wire any point to the switch. The reason to put an industrial pc, is because the network administrator, do not have a lot of spare IP, the numbre of plc to connecto to a hotspot is about 30 plc at least. With the use of intermediate pc is to create a sub-network just of plc, and just to use one IP address of the plant network, i think it can work. Lastly i was used a kepware server for siemens plc, but it was just one station. I want to use the same software. i have seen some people here use kepware opc. that the reason i need to know if it is possible to do that. Is there something special i have to do? or the harware configuration is wrong. Thank for you help in advance Gracias por leerme Isaias Frias Rguez PLC_Network.bmp Edited by ifriarod

No, that will do it. You will be configuring Kepware to serve data from all of your PLC's. It also has the advantage that usually PC's can handle far more networking activity than PLC's. Any PC software that can interface to OPC can be used (HMI or data logger). You can also write your own custom software to work with OPC directly very easily.

Thank for your advice. I was reading about kepware software and i have the things i need; to collect and manipulate the info from/to PLC. Thanks a lot. Isaias Frias Rguez.

If you need many more non-routable addresses than a class C block (192.168.x.y) then jump to a non-routable class B block (172.16.0.0, 172.31.255.255, /12 (or more typically /16) rather than playing with that subnet mask. Need more yet (right....) go with the class A (10.x.x.x)/8. I second Kepware and OPC. It's all about standardization!