Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nathan

Rockwell support

4 posts in this topic

I wanted to throw a kudos to Rockwell support (and Ken in particular). I've spoken with several integrators, one who recently mentioned that it was easy to get through to a (helpful) real person and that the support went smoothly. I've knocked Rockwell tech support here based on experiences that I had four years ago as an employee of a Rockwell Certified Solution Provider. It sounds like this is no longer the case and the end user is benefiting from it! Nice job, Rockwell.

I have had the pleasure of working with Rockwell Tech Support this week. I was on the phone with support for about 2 hrs total already this week As for the support, I think they do a good job but I may have something they have not seen before. I have a new install of PlantMetric that is having a problem seeing a Micrologix 1100. The server was setup by an Integrator and then brought in ,plugged in and started. Plantmetric is seeing a couple of Tags but when I try to browse and add a new tag for a part count or the operator id, it’s like it can’t see the ML1100 or any of its tags. That how my week is going. Sure make the day go fast ,lol Racer Edited by mracer

I'm sure you'll get the problem worked out. It's always good to report new problems like that to vendors so that they can constantly improve their software for everyone. Can't fix it if you don't know it's broken

Late last night I think I found out what the problem is. In Tech note # 33092 they talk about the ML1100 note being visible. I think I can get some where now. Looks like I will need to type them all in by hand. Racer