Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smrdkd

Problem to start RS Logix 5000

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody. I am a fourth year Mechatronics student and i am actually working on an industrial based project where i have to automate a mill tandem using AB PLC DeviceNet and SCADA. I have an original copy of RS Logix 5000 but when i try to run it at home it is asking me for a key from the floppy drive. Will i be able to use the software? Thank u in advance DK DOMAH

RSL5K Uses activation with out activation it won't work See this Thread http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=10052

Hi Praveen, thanks for replying I visited the link you posted. I found this.... "The only option I know of for RsLogix 5000 is to use your empty floppy disk at home. It is legal, do you understand how to use the empty floppy?" What is this empty floppy option? Thank u DKD

Empty floppy is the master disk comes along with the RSL software you can also download demo.

I can install the software anywhere and to use it i need the master disk? Am i right? I am downloading the demo. Will i be able to use it unlimitedly for 90 days or it will be active for some 2 hours only? After the 90 days i can re-install it? Thanks DKD

I haven't yet tried it, It should be unlimitedly for 90 days Edited by rpraveenkum