Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bupesh

Logix5000 Emulator

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I have Logix5000 Emulator. I am trying to configure and test. Can any one suggest me? how to work with this ?? I will appreciate if any one suggest me how to work efficiently or couple of sample programs to work. Regards, Bupesh.

Quick start How to emulate a compactlogix or controllogix controller Question How do you emulator a compactlogix or controllogix controller? Answer 1. In the Rslinx software a driver needs to be configured: Open Rslinx: (Start, Programs Files, Rockwell Software, Rslinx) Configure Virutal Backplane driver: (Select Communications, Configure Drivers, under 'Available drivers' select 'VirtualBackplane(Softlogixt58xx)' driver, select 'Add New', it should display 'running' 2. Configure a RsEmulator Controller: Open the RSLogix Emulate 5000 Chassis Monitor, create a controller in any slot **Note: If there is an rslinx module in slot 1, if you want that to disappear, you can go to services and stop rslinx enterprise from running. 3. Once a controller is in a slot, open up the compactlogix or controllogix program 4. Select Edit, Controller Properties, Select 'Change Controller…', Select the Emulator Controller Type: Emulator Rslogix Emulate 5000 Controller Revision: (this should be the same as the version of the emulator chassis) 5. Select OK 6. Download the project to the controller: (Select Communications, Who Active, Drill down to the AB_VBP-1, 1789-A17/A Virtual Chassis driver, select the controller and then select 'Download') http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...ated=1166714856