Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmnyoung

RSLogix Emulate 500 & intouch 8.0

2 posts in this topic

I want to communicate between intouch 8.0 and RSLogix Emulate 500. I can't figure it out. Can't figure out the settings from Wonderware Intouch. Can I just use Rslinx? Do I have to use a DA_Server and/or an IO_Driver from Wonderware? I have searched the web and can't find any answer.

I have been using this for quite awhile. Right now, I'm using it with IT9.5, but don't think that version should matter. If you wish to use RSLinx it's fairly straightforward. First, you'll need to setup Linx. I don't believe this will work with RSLinx-Light -- you'll need to have one of the other Linx Packages. To setup your Linx driver, start Linx, then Communication > Configure Drivers. Select SLC500 (DH485) Emulator driver. It will probably default to EMU500-1 as the name. Then go ahead and select 01 as the address, the OK... If you need more help, the help in RSEmulator is actually pretty good. Then you'll need to start emulator and set it up to read and run your SLC500 program. Then you need to setup the link for InTouch to access. In RSLinx, click DDE/OPC. Press NEW. You will then enter a Topic Name. Then point that Topic Name to EMU500-1 and the address of the application that you configured above. In InTouch, you will need to set up your accessname. The Application Name is RSLinx. The TopicName will be the Topic Name you set up above in Linx. I've attached a few screenshots -- hopefully they'll help.