Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sancocho2001

RSview Studio Question

6 posts in this topic

Hi. I have Four ( A, B, C, D) generators sets, that will be starting automaticly one by one, using a PLC AB Micrologix 1100 depending of the load. The operator will have the option to change the starting order for each one. I will like to know how I can make a Menu using the RSview Studio, for a panel view Plus, where the operator can change the starting order, for example. A B C D to B C D A or C D A B or D A C A .... all the posible combination. Is a lot of combination posible and i dont know how to make it happen using a Panel View Plus, Somebody can put me on the way to do it? Thanks.

First of all - there's only 24 combinations. Its a few but not astronomical. One would be a list control with all 24 shown as possibilities.

In the dim dark past, we used to accomplish this sort of thing with patch cords... i.e. you would have a cord and olug for each gen set and 4 sockets for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. You should be able to translate that to a PV display plus some ladder logic.

Use Interlocked Pushbuttons for each step in the sequence. "First Generator" will have four buttons to select A, B, C, or D unit, and assign a value to "First Generator" for each step. Use a fifth button to set the value to zero. Similarly, "Second Generator" and so on will have its own set of interlocked pushbuttons.

Here's an example using HMI internal tags only, with Interlocked Pushbuttons and some Visibility Animation to make the selections mutually exclusive. sequence_selector.zip

Ken, Thank you very much, that was really good job, it was really helpfull for my project.