Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobbykey

program help

11 posts in this topic

when my line stops I want to know what part of the line chain was in the cleaner bath when stopped .What I have so far is when the line stops a counter will start counting the links in the chain via a proximity sensor and when a preset amount passes ,the chain that was in the cleaner will be at the inpection area and a light will go on . I have got code to do this but it only catches one instance ,if it happens say two minutes later it wont catch that one. Is there a way to catch all instances when the line stops. The processor is slc 5/04 .This is my first program .Im new to plc LINE3STOPINSPECTIONLIGHT_BAK034.RSS Edited by bobbykey

Use an odrinary OTE for the light. Eliminate rung 4.

Using just the OTE worked great .Dont no why I even thought I needed rung 4 now if I can figure out how to catch all instances of the stops

Does the stop signal go away before the counter reaches 16? And you shouldn't delete your original program post, others won't know what we are discussing. Edited by b_carlton

I have updated it back to the original program Edited by bobbykey

With the change we talked about then, 'Stop Switch' is hit, the counter counts links until 10, the light turns on, it continues to count links until 16, the counting is cleared (light turns off) and the system waits for the next actuation of the 'Stop Switch'. At least that's what should happen. What is actually happening? Specifically as far as actuation of the 'Stop Switch', counting of links, light turning on. Does something ever stop the links? What is the sequence? Edited by b_carlton

The line is stopped by Person if a problem is noticed and the light tells me that the section of chain moving underneath the light was in the cleaner bath area when the stop switch was pushed

Is it still not catching all instances? I assume the line is started again (sometime after the stop) then, sometime later, an operator presses 'Stop' again and you don't get the expected response. If so, what actually happens in the program when the operator presses the button again?

if stop is hit a second time before the counter is done the program doesn't count the second stop . Only after the first count is done can another stop can be tracked.

OK, now you need something like a shift register. Fortunately since you are only talking about 16 links it shouldn't be too bad. When I have some time this evening or tomorrow I'll help. Actually check out the attached INSPECTIONLIGHT.zip Edited by b_carlton

thanks , im going to study the program to make sure I know exactely how it works