Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pv550

compact logix-l23e

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I have compact logix l23e-qb1b  plc. In my plc run, i/o, ok, batt,Dcho all showing status red led on. when i connect the compact logix l23e with pc am using ethernet cable no indication is showing in LNK and NS and also MS red led on. later some time  all red status will come to green status.that time cpu get communicated but doesn't show the symbol of cpu only shows yellow question mark. after 2 to 3 seconds it again goes to red status and communication cut. what is the prblm? what can i do for rectify it?

Hello,

you first make proper communication both PC and PLC for Ex:plc:192.168.1.1 then put pc 192.168.1.2(upto 255,anyone you can use) after that you check with RSLinx communication software here communication is ok.After check by RSLogix software through-->who active (for communicated device like cpu:L23E-QB1B). Try it well...!!!cheerful..!!

The PLC and PC Ethernet/IP addresses are not configured to communicate with each other, yet.  Do you know for sure what the Ethernet/IP addresses (and subnet masks) are for the PLC and the PC?  Is DHCP turned ON for either device (i.e., Ethernet/IP is not set and device requests Ethernet/IP be set remotely)?

If either/both device has had Ethernet/IP address programmed and you do not know what the address is, that can be dealt with.

Post screenshots of the Ethernet/IP address configuration for both the PLC and the PC, please.