Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeff711

Dh 485

4 posts in this topic

I am using Rs Logix 500 and I believe its V.5.2. I am hooked up to a Micrologix 1200 going thru a AIC Interface Module. There is also a PV 600 in the network. When I am online or in remote program it will disconnet at will at any time. To get back online I have to go into RSLinx, delete the driver and reconfig. By the time I get done with all this I forget what i wanted to change in the program. Some what frustrating. I have also seen this going thru a 1747- PIC. When it came time to assemble the program changes it would disconnect. Any ideas???

That darn PIC driver in RSLinx is commonly unstable when you have a laptop computer with power-saving features that shut off the serial port after just a few minutes. Go through your BIOS settings and see if you can disable power management there. That might make the driver stable enough. Many users have gone to 1784-PCMK cards even for DH-485. A-B showed of a USB version of the PIC at Automation Fair but it's not on the market yet.

Ken, You are correct, but my older Compac would still go to sleep or just lockup even after bios changes. Compac blames Linx. I bought a Dell Latitude and turned all the sleep function to NEVER. Now the only problems are the numerous idiosyncrasies of RSLinx. Rarely will I lose comm.

If I were you, I would write down the change you are attempting. That way when you forget, you can look at what you wrote down.