Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mumphra

Matching analog outputs in real time, with delay...

2 posts in this topic

I am working on a project where I have a position sensor input, and based on that I need to move another piece of equipment to that height, but after a delay based on machine speed. I was kind of toying with trying to use a CAM or something like that, but I'm not sure if its even working looking into. This control is not a servo or anything, it is a hydraulic system that I will be setting up pressure regulators off of analog outputs to raise the equipment to the desired height. 

if anyone has a simple way to do this, it would be a great help. 

I might have figured this out. I can use a DEDT command in a FBD and I think that will do the trick.. essentially take the input and delay it based on my feed speed and it should match.. 

Turns out that this solution will not work. I forgot about the fact that my machine will change feed speed often. With a DEDT i don't know how that would work with varying on the fly like that, but I cant imagine it will work good. 

So i am back to possibly adding a virtual CAM and somehow integrating the feed speed of the machine with the height of the second piece of equipment. I basically have to raise an object just above a piece of material and not have them touch. the first reference height is a roller that hold down the material so it will tell me the exact height. 

If someone can give me a bit of insight on how to do this best I would appreciate it. 

thanks in advance

Edited by mumphra
updated information