Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
professor_jonny

remote programming issuies and device net

1 post in this topic

Hi There, I have a problem where I can program a CJ2 plc over the internet using a cellular router but I am unable to program the device net module attached to the plc. I am also unable to program a NS screen connected to the router that is plugged into the plc network port also but I am able to access the web page of the screen from my remote location. I have set up a vpn and port forwarding using the services of the router and programming and remote debugging is possible of the plc. If I try to start the application of the device net module from the online plc with the setting inherited I get a communication failure cant find plc where it should work with no problems. With the screen I can access the web page of the screen and access it from a remote location but are unable to program it i get a communication failure. It shows signs of connecting as if I put in the wrong ip adress into the driver page I get a instant failure. The only possible solution I can see is to put a pc onsite with Cx-One and a remote team viewer setup. would someone have any clues as to why I can not program the complete system? The thing of major concern is i need to acess intergrator to reprogram device net nodes should one fail as if one fails it locks up the complete system from working as the config of the device net module and the scaned back devices do not match. this will envolve a flight several hundred km away and down time of the plant in the mean time. Is there a way to ignore single device failures on a omron device net bus and keep the rest of the system running and use the plc's logic to decide what to do? Cheers Jono