Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
renegade76

Terminal connection settings

5 posts in this topic

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated, I am trying to connect my laptop to our TSX Micro which runs an Edgar optimizer ( I work in a sawmill ) The laptop I am using is running windows 7 (windows xp mode) and the program software I am using is PL7 4.5 Pro sp5. The laptop is a new one, so as you would expect it does not have a serial port. After reading numerous posts on forums such as this one, I bought a TSXPCX3030 cable. Once in windows xp mode, I have to click usb at the top of the desktop which brings up a drop down list of usb devices, I click attach for the TSXPCX3030 cable and this shows up in device manager as working on com port 1. I know it uses the unitelway driver to connect to the terminal and if I load up drivers manager I can click configuration on the unitelway tab to edit the connection settings, the problem is, I have no idea what the right settings should be. The default settings are: Station id = Default Com port = Com 1 Unitelway slave address = Base 1 numbers 3 Self adaption = Yes 1 second Data bits = 8 Parity = Odd Stop bits = 1 Link type = Unitelway Link time out = 4 RX/TX delay = 4 Force virtual com port = yes I realise that whatever changes made in these settings will have to marry up to the TSXPCX3030 cable in device manager, but as to what are the correct settings, I have no idear whatsoever. Any help would be much appreciated. realise Scott Edited by renegade76

Ahh, Schneider comms... I don't miss them. :) Start here, page 39: http://www.global-download.schneider-electric.com/852575A6007E5FD3/all/CC3E185B91158D6A852576C00070C678/$File/35006152_k01_000_10.pdf And I'll try to contact some of my old Schneider buddies to see what it takes to get it going in Win7.

I've sorted this now, chbeers for your help. just posted a how to on the forums for anyone who has had the same trouble as i have

What is the link to or the title of the "how to" that you created? I can't find it and it does not appear in posts that you have made under your name.