Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suseh

1756-HSC/B

5 posts in this topic

Hi, i am using L61 & 1756-HSC to count impulses. I think that i have some wiring problem because of none of module LED in 1756-HSC are ON. According to manual: 1756-um007_-en-p.pdf "INPUT (A,B,Z) - OFF - Input turned off/Input not currently used/Wire disconnected" [page 85/128 pdf] I use Encoder x1 MODE [page 20/128 pdf]. In module configuration i always set "Encoder x1" in both counters setup. I try that wiring: WIRING OPTION A pin 4 & 6 shorted pin 3 & 5 shorted pin 10 & 12 shorted pin 9 & 11 shorted pin 30 - ground pin 16 - analogue signal #1 pin 15 - analogue singal #2 WIRING OPTION B pin 30 - ground pin 16 - analogue signal #1 pin 10 - analogue singal #2 None of this are not working. Thanks for any advice. Suseh. 1756-um007_-en-p.pdf

What are you wiring to - Encoder or a Proximity style sensor? Full part number would assist Do you have some drawings of how you are wiring to the counter card? If an Encoder then the signals must be 90 deg phase shift as per Page 20 Encoder Mode If a proximity then most people use a counter mode. Edited by michael G

Hi, thank you for the replay. I was right - i had mistake in wiring. Now i wired according to attached manual. Input A0/B0 and what is the most important - common ground 18 & 12 and sensor. It works. It count in forward and backward move. What about memory in this 1756-HSC. Tag named: PresentValue after pulling off power is reset automaticly to 0. Is any way to keep in module memory pulses? edit. i noticed also i more strange thing. About Preseting encoder. I set proper value in: Local:3:C.Preset[0] tag and then activated Local:3:O.LoadPreset.0 tag. The Local:3:I.PresentValue[0] is set to value from Local:3:C.Preset[0]. This is correct but: when then i change value in Local:3:C.Preset[0 and repeat the procedure, module still remember old value and preseting encoder with old preset value. I must enter hardware 1756-HSC module, do nothing, apply and after that preset procedure is preset counter with new value. I did this many times and still have this issue. Thanks. Edited by Suseh

Hi, I'm new in this Forum.

I have a Question about the module 1756-HSC. I'm migrating a PLC SLC-500 to Control Logix 5000. The SLC500 was using a 1746-HSCE card, and now I will use a 1756-HSC card but i don't sure if the new card (1756-HSC) is it capable to use analog output to control a VFD.

thanks. 

Your question is if 1756-HSC in a ControlLogix system would replace a 1746-HSCE in a SLC-500 system, for "analog output to control a VFD".  Analog output to control a VFD is independent of the high-speed counter module; the counter module is used by the PLC to create the analog output signal, but the counter module is not directly responsible for the analog output command.

The SLC-500 1746-HSCE is capable of X1-X2-X4 quadrature modes, up/down pulses, and direction.  The ControlLogix 1756-HSC is capable of X1-X4 quadrature modes, counter mode.

You will need to delve in further, into the SLC program, to identify how this counter module is used.  

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1746-um002_-en-p.pdf

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um007_-en-p.pdf