Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malc cope

Remote Access

2 posts in this topic

Hi I am lookinmg for the most cost effective and simplest way of achieving remote access i.e diagnostics & downloads to0 a number of systems that will eventually be worldwide, the systems are currently configured as a S7-315 DP, TP900 comfort, micromaster drives & Wago Programmable I/O all connected via Profibus. The plan is to connect via a internet connection, the minimum I need to be able do is monitor & download code to the PLC & download to the HMI, would I be correct in thinking that the best way would be to add a IE/PB gateway & Scalance S to the system and connect using VPN?

The best way I found is quite simple: add internet connection to your system ( you may use 315-pn/dp) and add a router with built-in vpn server. Linksys have a good one WRV210. With this option, you never have to change your project on each equipement for the remote access,everything is done in the router config. WRV210 allow you to configure dyndns (www.dyndns.org), this feature give you the possibility to get the ip of your equipement remotely thru the dyndns web site.
1 person likes this