Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suseh

1756-IT6I2

5 posts in this topic

Hi, for the first time i use 1756-it6i2 (thermocouple) module. My module configuration is in attachement. What i've got from the input is is temperature*10. In room there is about 7 C and from the module i've got 70. I dont know how can i fix this. In that module there are 5 thermocouples and all of them show 69-72 degree. I use CJC compensation. Thanks for any advice, Suseh

Use a High Engineering value of 120.0 instead of 1200.0. Edited by dmargineau

dmargineau - thanks for quick reply. Is it normal that with this module i must scalling it? According to Manua (1756-um009-en-p.pdf "Catalog Numbers 1756-IF16, 1756-IF6CIS, 1756-IF6I, 1756-IF8, 1756- IR6I, 1756-IT6I, 1756-IT6I2, 1756-OF4, 1756-OF6CI, 1756-OF6VI, 1756-OF8 User Manual")l: "The module sends back temperature values over the entire sensor range as long as the High signal value equals the High engineering value and the Low signal value equals the Low engineering value. For the example above, if: High signal = 78.0 °C, High engineering must = 78.0. Low signal = -12.0 °C, Low engineering must = -12.0" I thought that it must me one to one. Is it normal that with this module i must scalling it? For the first time i use analog module 1756 series and for me it is very confusing. Thanks for adivce, H. Edited by Suseh

I have not used that particular module before, but I looked through the manual (briefly) and could not find anything mentioning the x10 scale up of values. I have used a flex block RTD module where it handles the range selection automatically due to the sensor selected similar to how your module works. The values did come in scaled x10 on that particular module. I just simply scaled the values and moved on. I suspect that is done to give you a decimal place.

Of course I forgot to mention to also reduce the Low Engineering one order of power... Mea Culpa... The resulting Engineering values should follow the same scaling function when both the Max. and Min. are one order of power lower. If you are worried about the Manual statement just do some ladder logic application scaling with the resulting High and Low Engineering values (DIV) and use these values within your program. Edited by dmargineau