Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest kyle

HELP Needed

2 posts in this topic

I have Rslogix 5 to 5000, but im new in this and iam trying to write programs but I need to debug and watch what am doing, I was wondering if there is software where you can program something in rs logix and lets you watch what you did, This would help a lot since I don’t have any plc or I/O cards Or if there is any FREE Software where you can write code in ladder logic and lets you see and watch what you are doing Thank you

I haven't tried it personally ... since I've always been blessed with having plenty of actual hardware around to play with ... but a lot of people speak highly of: The Learning Pit that seems to be the easiest way to get started for free ... eventually though, you'll probably need to invest in some hardware to continue your studies ... suggestion: before you spend your money, ask for recommendations ... it's easy to get burned with junk that won't meet your purposes ... good luck, Ron PS ... and yes, Rockwell does make software to "emulate" their hardware ... but it's not free ... ask your local distributor for a quote ... they'll be glad to help you out ... Edited by Ron Beaufort