Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mandar

Understanding application development in RSView SE.

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have used the RSView SE SCADA in one of our projects, the distributed format. But the work was limited to maintenance activities in the already developed application, like editing screens, adding alarm tags, etc. I would like to know more about developing applications in this SCADA, especially in the distributed format. Are any documents available for this?I have earlier worked on iFix 3.5. Regards, Mandar.

I doubt that it's fundamentally different to develop new applications than modify existing ones. I'm sure they include documentation. I've spoken with numerous integrators who swear by the old single user version of RSView, but won't touch the distributed (SE) version after bad experiences. But like my mom used to tell me, "If you don't have anything nice to say..." My advice - evaluate the software yourself. Create a simple sample project from start to finish and see how it goes.

SE is an awesome platform, but it requires that you play exactly according to their rules. You can make absolutely NO shortcuts anyplace. Design you system according to their rules and it'll go well -- read the manual! Then read it again! After you have everything configured properly, the actual screen/tag development is just like anything else -- but the configuration MUST be done properly before you start.

RSView Supervisory Edition User's Guide Volume 1 http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um004_-en-e.pdf RSView Supervisory Edition User's Guide Volume 2 http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um005_-en-e.pdf