Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FGLCO

RSLogix5000 source protection

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I had to get a new laptop as my old one was getting old, and the screen finally died. I got everything transfered over and I'm ready to get back to the work that needst to be done. The PLC program I am working on (or trying to) has source protection enabled on it. I have the SK.dat file and everything else ready to run. I am having trouble trying to get RSlogix to enable the menu for the security settings. the RS5kSrcPtc.exe tool is not enabling the menu. I remember there being a registry key that could be added, but I can't find it on google. I have been searching for the past hour and have found nothing. Anybody remember a link, or the registry key? Thanks in advance, Ryan Shear

Update: I found what I was looking for. I will post it so the next person dosn't have to spend the better part of a morning searching. If you find that the RS5KSrcPtc.exe is not allowing you to access the Tools -> Security -> Configure Source Protection menu item then add this to the registery: HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Rockwell Software -> RSLogix 5000 -> ProtectedRoutine add a DWORD with name of PTCRoutine and set the value to 1 Back to work now.

Different versions of RS5KSrcPtc.exe available for different verisons of RSlogix5000. Make sure you are using the correct one.