Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Daley

SLC500 with Ultra 3000

4 posts in this topic

I have a stand alone packaging machine and have build a feed table for it, that i need to sync the feed table servo to the line feed screw for product transfer from one to the other and keep in time. Line speed can vary. I have a encoder on the line feed screw and home/sync photoeyes on both. Trying to figure a way to use enconder on product line to feed in plc and run the ultra 3000 at matched speed and timing. any ideas or sample logic thanks..

I did an ultra 100 once, I assume it might be the same, but I used the drive's internal Registration Indexing to regisiter to a photoeye. Could your application possiblity use the internal drive's capibilities? Like connection the encoder to the ultra drive itself instead of passing through the PLC? You almost need a MASTER / SLAVE setup sounds like. Atleast that's what I would check into if it was me. I think the modes for the Ultra 100 are: Preset Controller Position Follower (Master Encoder) Position Follower (Step and Direction) Position Follower (Step Up/Down) Incremental Indexing Registration Indexing Absolute Indexing

Thanks I did just that, ran the encoder back to the drive and set it up as a follower. Thanks Daley

Awesome...glad I could help.