Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chalpa

Communication with FX1s-14MR-ES/UL

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys: I´m trying to communicate with a FX1s-14MR-ES/UL PLC but the software that I´m using says that the selected PLC type don´t chekcs with the conected. I´m using GPP software package version 00A. I need to get a different software versión? Can a get an upgrade for the GPP software? Thanks in advance for your help Regards

GPP Software version 00A? Never heard of such a thing. Check the version number. They used to have a package called GPP-Win. It's been replaced by GX-Developer which you can get in GX-Developer-FX version for programming FX series only, or a full GX-Developer for programming all FX, A, and Q series PLCs. Current version of GX-Developer is 8.32.

I suspected it was the GPP-win software. Probably the FX1s was not out with that version of the software. However, you will still be able to communicate - but the sofware might tell you it is an FXoN or something. This will affect the number of bits etc you can access but it is obviously communicating - to tell you a mismatch of PLC When connecting look at the bottom bar on your screen - it should tell you what it thinks it is connecting to and change plc to that type.

I agree, that should be old Win-GPP...

Hi: Actually the software told me that is a different PLC type and that I need to change it, but after this it shows a fatal error and the GPP software close. In this software I only can select ACPU, FXCPU and QnACPU. For the FXCPU I only have the FX0(S), FX0N, FXU/FX2C and FX2N© types. Regards

I remember having same problem with old software. Software didn't have newer PLCs listed so I was able to finish job by selecting different model (FXU I think). This also reduced available memory and instruction set to match that older model but it worked.

To get the most out of it, I strongly recommend GX-Developer-FX.

Hi: I found in the downloads section the GX-Developer FX 8.25 1000step software, it is functional? Regards

Can you try? GX Developer FX is same as GX Developer but only for FX series controlers. Downloadable demo you mention is functional but program size is limited to 1000steps. This is enough for learning and trying out instructions. For most projects code limit of 1000 steps is pretty serious limit...