Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuter

Help connecting to Micrologix 1000 with RSlinx

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to connect to a couple of ML 1000's that a company wants to reuse. They were removed from equipment at another company location that closed. The company wants to use them on another project. It appears that they were preprogramed with a repeating output @ 0/0. when it is powered up output 0 constantly turns on and off. The program is unknown!!! I tried to connect using RSlinx with DF1 driver, 19200 baud, SLC-CHO....station 0...CRC etc tried autoconfig... tells me cannot find baud and parity. RSwho tells me node 0 found....node 1 not found.... Tried PIC driver and still could not connect. I need help....... :

To start with the basics, which cable are you trying to communicate it? Do you know if any display or other device was hooked to the serial port?

Check the cable & comport configuration or the com port on the ML1000 has failed

One common issue, is try the same except set your computer station number to something else other than 0.

Use real Com port on PC sometimes Ml1000 will not respond to USB to serial convertors cables

I guess you have the right cable, I forgot the part number, a 9 pin RS232 to a round mini-din connected to comm 1 of your PC, (also guess you are not using a USB to serial adaptor), if yes, try select the device to be SLC/Micro/Panelview and hit the "Auto-Configuration". If your connection to the PLC is valid you will see a message "Auto-Configuration successful". If you are using a USB to serial adaptor, then you need to know what is the comm port allotted to your USB adaptor, but you can always try to connect with all different comm ports available in your comm port selection box!!! Good Luck _________