Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
I Believe I can Fly

How can we know FlexIO modules fault info?

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, I had a puzzle about how can I get the fault info of FlexIO from the Controller Tag directly. It's said FlexIO has the attribute to tell the user where the fault for each channel(like open wire, module down...) occurs and what kind of fault it is. But how? It seems to be a piece of cake for ControlLogix IO since all the fault info are connected to its controller tags and the user uses it as a trigger to know the fault happens. That's all. When it comes to FlexIO, however, i cann't find any documents or references how to do that. I configured a flexlogix in logix5000: and i believe the fault info should be in Local:0:I.fault Can someone help me find the references? What does 'Local:0:I.fault' code stands for in detail? With many thanks! Edited by I Believe I can Fly

Try GSV instruction, read the help and try to get the appropriate syntax for the Module information. I have tried this on Flex Modules on CNet, should work on Local Modules also. I got the module 1794-ACNR15 module status. Was working on an Flex redundant processor application. I am not sure if the channel information would be available too. Try it out and let me know, as I do a lot of work on Flex I/Os.

For open wire, short circuit refer module I/O data mapps & for module down make use of the Local:0:I.status Edited by rpraveenkum