Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Moore

WTB: Quick Basic to Visual Basic conversion needed.

2 posts in this topic

I have a quick basic application that was written in the mid 1980's that passes recipe parameters to an old TI565-PLC using the TI task codes. I'm looking for someone to give an estimate on how much it would cost to convert it to VB. The TI task codes are basically a driver, it requires a lot of Hex and check sum work, the mode of communication is currently rs232. I would like to move it to TCP/IP. I would purchase an OPC server for the communications. So, the VB version would just have to communicate with the OPC server, and not the PLC directly. The quick basic application has the ability to write new recipes, and monitor the current recipe, it has graphics and displays the recipe step, and the step function. It also allows the operator to pick equipment, quantities, etc... Once a recipe is ready, the application passes 5 stacks of 100 words each to the PLC. I am aware of all the pitfalls of "roll your own" software, believe me, I've been supporting this crap for 10 years. I'm a novice VB programmer and could probably hack my way through it, but just don't have the time. Plus if a guru did it, I would end up with more efficient code, (I hope). PM me if interested, at this point, I am looking for budgetary pricing. Someone local to the Southeastern USA would be ideal, because a site visit would be best, but I will consider doing the job remotely.

Hi Ken How you bussiness did get help? If you still need help let me know