Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mohit

cx designer help

32 posts in this topic

According to your PLC logic you should set it as following. Set in CXD1.0.

yes that is exactly what i have done...

Hey Mohit PDL's example should work but possible you may have to change the differentiated contacts on the PLC rung that turns on the macro execution bit W100.00. Another option would be to change the System Memory > $SW Allocation Address to SerialA:DM00099 instead of using $W0. This will allow you to get rid of the macro altogether since the NS will read directly to the DM00099-DM00037. Now, when you do the move screen number to DM100 in the PLC, the NS will automatically read DM100 and display the appropriate screen. Also, when setting the System Memory > $SW Allocation Address to SerialA:DM00099, you must also set the $SB Allocation Address to SerialA:xxxxx where xxxxx is another PLC word such as CIO00500 or WR00100. Use an address that's free in the PLC. Edited by ECSI

The further we go down this road the more it gets clear this indeed is a much better solution. ParaffinPower suggested it before but our French friend made a choice.. I never realised this when I started to work with the system memory area but in fact you could compare it to the PT control/notify area with NTST. Don't ask me why that light didn't go on...

should i disactivate the macro then..?? i have configured the system memory and have entered the Word 100 to $B but the simulation doesnt seem to work. m stuck.

Besides $SB, you should also set the $SW allocation adress. For instance enter D100. Yes, deactivate the macro. It will not be necessary as you will be able to manipulate the pop-up screen number directly from the PLC. If you look at the system memory page 3, at the top you will see the base adress you have set for the $SW area. The offset of the Current pop-up screen is +1, so whatever you fill in at $SW allocation adress, add 1 and that's the adress you should use in your move instructions. The rung with differentiated contacts and the W100.0 output can be removed. IF you entered D100 at the $SW allocation area, D101 is the adress in which you move the screen numbers in the PLC.

Hello friends, heres wishing u all a very happy and prosperous new year....!! sorry for not having posted since a long time as i was out. just came back. the program is completed with the help of all your comments... Have just loaded it and m in the process of testing it THANX A LOT AGAIN...! c u around