Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
angeraer

Windmill Control Relay

5 posts in this topic

Hello All! A friend of me has this old device in use for his self-made windmill. Since it's not being manufactured anymore I would like to create this behavior using a PLC. (Currently I have some Omron C200-HX's) Are there special functions to achieve this or ideas to keep in mind to program this? (I'm not an advanced PLC programmer) Thanks, Andy.

Don't know if the original one is broken, but they are listed here on Ebay.

The original one isn't broken but is already very old and needs to be replaced in the near future because sometimes it acts strange. (I've asked the ebay guy for pricing) I've already done some work on doing this in a PLC, but I would expect rpm calculations to be a common PLC task but it doesn't seem to be that obvious. And I have difficulties programming this Regards, Andy.

How far have you come with this thread ? Have you got anything programmed yet or ar there any specific problems you have ?

I have a value for the speed, but if the brake is pressed the value "never" gets to zero because the use of the timer as suggested in the thread. Last week I got my hands on the documentation of this relay and that's the reason of my re-post. Sorry for that. Andy.