Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KIKO

SST CLX

20 posts in this topic

I would like your support for this problem. I have an existing configured profibus network,I'm trying to connect to SST CLX scanner(for AB contrologix PLC)by my laptop using the serial communication by the sst configuration software(in order to add a new slave).My problem that I always have serial communication failure.Please be noted that I closed all the programs which may affect serial communication(i.e RSlinx).Please tell me the necessary settings to overcome that problem.

checked with the results http://www.pccweb.com/LibraryItems/Documen...fb_clx_v1.4.pdf Refer to download section Downloading to the Scanner 1. Start HyperTerminal and create a new connection. 2. For Connect using:, select Direct to Comn where n is the serial port you are using. 3. Select 115200 Bits per second, 8 Data bits, set Parity to None, select 1 Stop Bit, and set Flow control to None. You should now be able to communicate with the scanner serial port. 4. Connect to the serial port using any communication software. The scanner serial port supports any baud rate from 9600 baud to 115 Kbaud, with no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and flow control set to None. The scanner automatically detects the baud rate you are using. 5. Type an asterisk (*) to get the scanners attention. You may need to type several asterisks (*) to let the scanner auto-detect the baud rate being used. The scanner displays the message:

I did the following steps To Download to the Scanner Via the SST PROFIBUS Configuration Tool 1. Verify the CLX PLC is in Program mode or if using PlantScape, the PBIM block with the Clear mode enabled must be inactive in Control Builder. 2. Connect the modem serial cable between the PC COM port and the scanner serial port (top one). 3. In your Master configuration, right-click on Master to display the shortcut menu. 4. Select Connect from the shortcut menu. You can also select the first icon above PROFIBUS-DP *. If you do not have a mouse, select Connect from the Edit menu. SST-PFB-CLX Users Guide 70 You may be a prompted with a message indicating a configuration mismatch between what is in the scanner and your current PROFIBUS project. In this case select Yes to retain your configuration. Any configuration mismatches display for the Master status. 5. Load the configuration to the Master through one of the following methods: - Right-click on the Master and select Load Configuration from the shortcut menu. NOTE * Wait for the OK LED on the scanner to display green before connecting. Then after I did step 5 I always stop by serial comm failure. I didn't use the hyper terminal before..I'm only using sst configurator with the same port settings which u mentioned.

I have no idea about PlantScape, Try with hyperterminal little bit easy I usally use hyperterminal keep in mind convert to binary file before downloading

ok..can u tell me what do u mean by connect to the serial port using any software which is the 4th step on the procedure u sent it..also how to convert to binary file.thanx alot.

here we will use Hyperteminal as serial software In your Master configuration, right-click on Master to display the shortcut menu.

fine...but...after pressing * to get the scanner attention ....how should I browse the network by the hyper terminal or download the binary file config....could you please provide me with detailed procedure to do it..again many thanx 4 your appreciated assistant. fine...but...after pressing * to get the scanner attention ....how should I browse the network by the hyper terminal or download the binary file config....could you please provide me with detailed procedure to do it..again many thanx 4 your appreciated assistant.

The scanner displays the message: Copyright © 1995-2000 SST/Woodhead Canada Ltd. For SST-PFB-CLX Card Version x.xx Reading Configuration from FLASH... A greater than symbol (>) prompts you at the terminal. The scanner is now in Config mode. While in Config mode, the scanner COMM and SYS LEDs flash amber alternately. You cannot put the scanner online until you exit from Config mode. 6. Issue the RecBssXmodem command, then initiate an XModem file download from your communication software. Refer to the documentation supplied with your Communication software for more detailed information. 7. Type Exit to end the Serial communication if prompted with: Configuration has changed. Do you want to UPDATE PLASH? (y/ n) Type y in response to the prompt. 8. Press the Enter key to accept.

:) yes I can read that but i don't know what is the RecBssXmodem command and how to issue it and I don't know what is meant by"initiate an XModem file download from your communication software".

Check this (>) prompts symbol at the terminal(like in dos) Issue the RecBssXmodem

after doing that the configuration will be saved in the scanner?!! But I can read on the sst manual that I have to use the upflash command...what is this???

If u don't mind ,can u tell me the time which u normally be online cause i need to get more information from u regarding that..or can u give me your MOBILE No. So I can call u for support while doing that..Thanks If u don't mind ,can u tell me the time which u normally be online cause i need to get more information from u regarding that..or can u give me your MOBILE No. So I can call u for support while doing that..Thanks

I have personal messaged for you

Thanx and I sent one 4 u too

Glad to see you fellows hooked up. It took me 2 days to figure out what an SST was. DUH?

I tried to connect to my existing configured profibus network (I'm using SST CLX) using SST configurator software..at the beginning I closed all the programs which may interrupt the serial communication (i.e Rslinx)then I set the configuration for the serial port to 115200 Bps ,8 data bits,parity to None, 1 Stop Bit, Flow Control to none.I put the CLX PLC on program mode then I wait till the ok led is green (on the SST)and the screen shows COPN (on the SST)..At this point I started to connect to the sst using the Backup copy Which I have for the scanner configuration.I got the following message which is quit normal:This configuration does not match the configuration found on scanner SST-PFB-CLX,Do you want to retain this information?Click No to upload configuration.So I clicked yes Then I got serial communication failure. I tried to cycle the power and start again with no improvement. I tried to change the RPI from the CLX PLC(originally it was 5 ms)I made 8,10,15,1,0.2 with no improvement.

Have ever checked your cable configration

your com port No is Ok that is COM1 or COM2

this you have tried WARNING Do not put the CLX PLC in Run mode or have the PBIM block active in Honeywells Control Builder while connected to the scanner. This may cause an unrecoverable serial communications failure, requiring you to cycle the power on the scanner before being able to connect to the scanner again.