Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a151218

Download program through CLK21?

12 posts in this topic

I have two stations PLC Station 1--CS1G CPU42 \ ETN21 \ CLK21 Station 2--CS1G CPU42 \ CLK21 Now I can data link through CLK21.....and can I download program form ETN21of station1 to station2 ?? anyone can tell me how to do it and how to setting......please ?? thx

Yes you can. This is one thing Omron is strong at - relay networking. First, you need to set up routing tables. In each CPU you need to download a routing table which puts each network card on a network number. I don't know the network details like IPs, node numbers and unit numbers so as an example: Station 1 ETN21 IP: 192.168.1.10 UNIT NO.: 1 NODE: 10 CLK21 UNIT NO: 2 NODE: 11 Station 2 CLK21 UNIT NO: 1 NODE: 13 Network number Ethernet: #1 Network number Controller Link: #2 So it looks like this: With the setup above the following routing tables need to be set: Routing table Station 1: In this table you define the ETN card with unit #1 belongs to local network number 1, and the CLK card with unit #2 belongs to local network number 2. Routing table Station 2: Edit : Relay Node should be 11 ! In this table you define the CLK card with unit #1 belongs to local network number 2, and it has to be available from remote network #1 (the Ethernet network) through node 10 11 on network #2 ( the Controller link network). So far for the routing tables. I asume you have CX-One, in the program folder of CX-Integrator you will find the manual, have a look at section 3-2. Setting the routing tables for details on how to setup and download. One tip; to have the view of the pictures above, select Table view in the Routing table editor. I don't like the standard view. Now to the setup of CX-Programmer. I asume you have both programs in one project in CXP. Settings station 1: I have learned to set the frame length to the lowest of both networks, which is 542 for CLK. Source network and destination network are both Ethernet (#1). Destination node is 10, the ETN21 of station 1. Station 1 IP. * You might have trouble to connect when you have multiple NIC (network interfaces) such as wireless etc. Normally the last octet of your IP is your workstation (PC) node number and it should display it although it's on auto negotiation. If this is the case deselect auto negotiation and manually enter the last number of the connecting NIC IP here. Settings station 2: Station 2 will be connected trough Station 1. Source network is still Ethernet (#1). Destination network is Controller link (#2), node 13, unit 1. You see the frame length defaults to 542. Now you should be able to connect to both CPU's. Hope this helps!

As CX-Programmer connects always to the CPU, unit number has to be always 0. So give net 2, node 13, unit 0. Harald

Thanks Harald - my mistake

Thanks a lot......... But I also have some questions ?? sorry... 1. My program of station1 and station2 is not in the same project (The Network type... There is no station1...), and can I also setting routing table like your say? 2.When I setting routing table ...Which should I select 1.FINS Local 2.FINS Network 3.SYSMAC NET

This is explained in the CX-Integrator manual, in your case you would select FINS local.

I felt an immense gratitude to you !!!

Pdl.....thank you for your answer...Now I have PLC to test. I setting by your step,but I also can't connect to station2...I will show my step of setting and some information ..Could you tell me my mistake..Thank you a lot and Happy New Year..... Station1 ETN21:UNIT No.=0 NODE No.=10 IP=192.168.1.10 CLK21:UNIT No.=1 NODE No.=11 Station2 CLK21:UNIT No.=0 NODE No.=13 Station1 and Station2 are already in the same project.. Station1 and Station2 are also can data link... Station1 routing table setting (1)FINS Local (2)Table View -->SIOU 0 onto Local Network 1 --> SIOU 1 onto Local Network 2 (3)save routing table File (routing table 1.rtg) (4)Open Project Device--->Open routing table File(routing table 1.rtg) -->Transfer to Station1 Station2 routing table setting (1)FINS Local (2)Table View -->SIOU 0 onto Local Network 2 Remote Network 1 via Realy Network2 Realy Node 10 (3)save routing table File (routing table 2.rtg) (4)Open Project Device---> Open routing table File(routing table 2.rtg) -->Transfer to Station2 Station1[CS1G-H]offline--> Network type : Ethernet(FINSTCP) Setting:(1)FINS Source Address Network:1 (2)FINS Destination Address Network:1 Node:10 (3)Frame Length:542 Driver:IP address:192.168.1.10 Port Number:9600 and select Auto-negotiation Station2[CS1G-H]offline--> Network type : [station1] Setting:(1)FINS Source Address Network:1 (2)FINS Destination Address Network:2 Node:13 Unit:0 (3)Frame Length:542 I just can connect to satation1 ..But can't connect satation2

Are you addressing station to as address 13? I do not use Ethernet for anything but I was recently connected to a number of PLCs that were networked to each other on Controller Link. My communication method was Bluetooth serial ports and it worked very well. I have 4 of these things now and they are marvellous! The first unit is only a communications bridge and you need to use the correct address to communicate with other units.

At first sight I can't find any error in your posted config. A running datalink indicates no problems with controller link. You get the standard "Failed to connect" message ? Depending on your CX-Server (CX-Programmer) version, you might have to go online with the relay CPU (station1) first before you can connect to the remote CPU (station2). I recall this was necessary in the early CXP days. But you probably tried this already. Just to be sure you could make an upload of the routing tables to see if the correct one is downloaded in the correct CPU ? That's what I can think of at the moment.

PdL : I found the mistake....the Station2 Realy Node should be 11.... thank you for your help..... Station2 routing table setting (1)FINS Local (2)Table View -->SIOU 0 onto Local Network 2 Remote Network 1 via Realy Network2 Realy Node 11 (3)save routing table File (routing table 2.rtg) (4)Open Project Device---> Open routing table File(routing table 2.rtg) -->Transfer to Station2

Well done ! I totally overlooked my mistake. Thanks for letting us know.