Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
patb63

Comparing two RS5000 Programs

8 posts in this topic

Is there a "quick" and "easy" way to compare two RSLogix 5000 programs to see what, if any, differences there are between the two? I sure hate the thought of looking through the code line by line. Thanks in advance for any help.

You don't mention what version of RSLogix 5000 you are trying to compare. THere is a compare tool which was built into versions I believe starting with V13. There is also the lo-tech means to save each ACD file as a library file of type *.L5K and then use a plain text compare tool like Beyond Compare from ScooterSoftware to do the work. This low tech method of course assume you know mnemonics for AB .

Here is where the compare tool is located if you have it installed.

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I knew I could count on this forum for an answer. I'm using version 15, so the built in Compare tool should work. Thanks.

Word of caution -- The compare tool can flag for differences in register values which may be different because the machine is running and not from any programmers change.

Compare tool is not a part of RSlogix5000 installation, it needs to be installed separately from CD or from the website. Once installed it can be used within software. You must check box during installation

you can download the compare tool for rockwell site for latest version http://www.software.rockwell.com/support/download/ Category Downloads Sub Category Utilities Product RSLogix

Thanks all for the additional info...was just trying to find the "Compare" function on my RSLogix5000 software.