Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OdinPT

TIM Function

10 posts in this topic

Hi people, In the image example, when i have an input on, long enough, it activates my output after the time is set in the timer. What I need is to activate a Timer only with a pulse signal, activate the output the time the timer is counting and then when it ends the output goes off. Is there other instruction more suitable for this operation ? Thanks.

Try this. Normally you would use an OFF delay timer for this but this instruction isn't available with Omron. But even though you would need to latch the pulse to run the timer.

just use T0001 as an inverted signal with your current timer circuit, ie one that's active when at 0, and add a NOT before the TIM instruction. And finally: the ladder symbol you've used is for immediate refresh, not pulse triggered. Fixing that might help as well. :) Edited by TERdON

TERdON, Perhaps you could post your ladder code too !? Then we can all learn.

If you use pulse trigger in the original program, it does not work at all. I think OdinPT understood this. You can also use FBs: CPU001_TP_BCD Harald

Good suggestion Harald, this FB is perfect for this purpose. I think it helps for OdinPT to understand the inner works of the FB, which probably resembles the ladder I posted.

Hi people, Unfortunaly im very noob in the PLC world and using FB is something i YET don't know how to do, but with your help i have done what i needed with the Timer function :) Maybe not the best way to do it but its working there it is the part of the programming i need help. Once Again thanks all for the help :)

I'd love to, but I don't really have access to PLC programming software at all right now. In fact, I'm leaving the position I used to have ( ) for a phD student position at KTH where I'll be programming other embedded systems. No fear, I'll still keep an eye on this forum. I'll be back to my old company for a short visit during the weekend though, and if I am not way too stressed out, I'll try to get a chance to draw up some code as well. Edited by TERdON

Good luck on your new assignment TERdON!

This is how i would have done it.... bugger using the FB in this instance,,,, especially if you need to do an onlime edit or the PLC model dosen;t support the FB...