Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rammin48

Exec loader

9 posts in this topic

I have a 140CPU113 02 and I need to upgrade to an IEC style. My rep told me I could download an exec file and make it IEC compatable processor. Does anyone know which files those are?

They come with Concept software, or can be downloaded from www.telemecanique.com.

Yes but which files do I need to download and in what order? I can't find a list to tell me which files?

It only takes one file. http://www.telemecanique.com/en/functions_...iconquantum.htm Q186V*** for 984LL Q1SV*** for IEC compatible Latest on that link is 2.42, accessible from this link: http://download.telemecanique.com/85256D98...le/q186v242.bin For the IEC version, the 'stripped exec', it's down the page a bit farther: http://download.telemecanique.com/85256D98...le/q1sv242e.bin

Well as it turns out it did not matter. I ran out of Memory. My rep led me down a path. He said I could flash the exe to make a plc IEC compatable for function blocks. He failed to tell me that the compiled code is 10 times the size so when I finally got the correct exe loaded the program would not fit. So I am faced with paying over 7 grand for a larger plc with mega memory or re writing the code in LL984. Did I mention this in hot backup so that is x2. Well now I wait for new parts. Deadlines you know.

I would have NEVER used a 11302 for a hot standby, the HSBY loadable is huge. Especially not with IEC. You should look into the 43412A for that. 11303 is bigger than 11302 but not by much. Either is more expensive. Obsolete, but you might be able to find aftermarket 21304 units which had more memory.

Well we don't do alot of Modicon and this is what was based on past jobs. Lesson learned anyway. I did upgrade to the 53412A. It is a little pricey but I like using the function blocks. In the past certain logic was 12 or thirteen branches with 90 some ladder rungs. With IEC I was able to get it on one page. I hope the debug is easy.

Keep in mind too you can save a bunch of memory if you do repetetive things in your code by creating your own derived function blocks. As an example, I had a customer fill a 53414A and ask me for a larger processor. He was controlling 13 pumps, 13 heat exchangers, and 26 temperature control circuits. Once we created a function block for the heat exchanger, one for the pumps, and one for the temp circuits, he had over half the PLC free. DFBs are only stored in the PLC once, and called with the parameters for each instance. Saves a bunch of code.

I need to look into that. This particular application I had over 169 itterations of possibilities to account for and may be possible to create something that could reduce the number of blocks.