Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrisbramall

Square d

15 posts in this topic

I've recently come accross a Square D Symax PLC. A big old style monster with large 8 input cards which the client wants to keep using but wants the software changing to suit a modified control. Has Anybody come accross one of these and know what software  is required as there is nothing on the Sqaure D site.

:) A Heartfelt thanks to forum member cdisher who has not only worked with the symax plc but has pointed me towards the light.   To charles. With your knowledge and experience jump straight in and post in the forum the waters warm and we don't bite. Regards Chris Bramall, Barnsley, UK

Chris: The manual has been shipped via airmail  The software is still available from Square D.  The part # is 8010 SFW50, Price is $650.00 US.  Programming Cables are available from NR & D Phone #1800 235 6723.  I have received several files needed with the soft ware. Charlie

Now this is what a forum should be like! :)

After all that, and dispite the fact that I will be able to access the PLC, the customer has degreed he wants at trip amp and relays. Sometimes customers just won't behave !!!!!!  <> Thanks charles for you help but it looks like it's all in vane. Does anybody want a second hand symax PLC if I can get it for them

Chris: If the cost would not be to great and shipping to expensive I might be interested.  This would make a great unit for the classes I teach.  If you don't need the book I sent, I would appreciate if you would return it as it is my only copy. Thanks, Im glad I was able to help in some way. Charlie

For those of you who are interested here is the correct picture  of the symax PLC which I meant to post earlier. Sorry to those who got the bloated version but everyone makes a mistake once in a while !!

Charles, just got your email, you must have seen the earlier picture. I suppose  like any PLC manufacturer there are a wide range of systems and formats. This unit as far as I can make out has the following Comms Card Four Channel Analogue Input Card x 2 8 Channel Digital input Card x 4 8 Channel Digital Output Card x 1 From the drawings the MCC it is installed in was installed in the 80's not sure which as the handwritings fairly bad.

Well the time has finally come the PLC's coming out next week as stage 3 of the project, once I get it out i'll find out how much it weighs and how much it's going to cost to ship it to the US of A

Well would you believe it, the jobs donw, the PLC's out and now the customers decided that after all that he wants to hang onto it just in case. I suppose it will end up on that big just in case pile that they all seem to want but never use, well I tried my best but failed. I have got an omron C500 if your interested ??  

I'll donate the software if you gat any takers.  (Syswin 3.4)  Does it have a hostlink?

No it's got the old manual programmer with tape recorder input. We removed it from a site when I upgraded it to C2000 Duplex around 6 years ago and it's still sat in our stores on our maybe useful pile but i'm sick of seeing it.

Well, if anybody wants it, I'll post the manuals.

Would you like me to post a photo and some I/O details on monday. Don't forget this PLC is currently in Barnsley , UK and whoever want's it will either have to collect or pay the shipping costs, sorry  but i.m not made of money and it is quite heavy

If you don't mind, post it in the Omron section along with your current post.  Yeah, it would be a good idea to describe the I/O.