Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JD1ROSE

Driver Software for the 1747-PIC

5 posts in this topic

Does any ony have the driversoftware for the 1747pic cable If so can you please e-mail it to me at r1daros@hotmail.com

Just to provide more info. My computer is running Windows 2000. I have Allen Bradley Rslogix 500, Revision 4.10.01. Using Rlinx Lite Revision 2.20.01. Com cable is a 1747 PIC. I do not have a driver for this com cable using this version of Rlinx.

there is no seperate software for 1747-PIC Device use the Rslinx driver as info given below 1747-PIC Device configuration This hardware driver applies to the Allen-Bradley 1747-PIC device. When you select a 1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver to add or edit, RSLinx displays a Configure 1747-PIC/AIC+ device dialog box. You cannot configure a 1747-PIC driver while RSLinx is running as a service. Configure a PIC driver only if RSLinx is running as an application, and the Reserve COM Port for Exclusive use by this Driver is enabled. This checkbox ensures RSLinx works properly if you run it as a service.

Thanks for the info. When I try to add a new driver, the 1747-pic is not a option. I want it to be an option, how can I get it to be an option. Thanks Roy,

Your software is pretty old; version 4.10 was released in June of 2000. At that time, Rockwell was having a lot of headaches with the PIC driver because of the new hardware layer in Windows 2000. The driver was removed entirely from RSLinx 2.20 and 2.30 because of this difficulty, and could only be installed manually. The best thing for you to do is to upgrade both of your software packages, so you can support controllers built in the past six years as well as have a chance of running the 1747-PIC driver (there are multiple threads about the ins and outs of that driver). At the very least you're going to need RSLinx 2.31 to get this driver working in Windows 2000.