Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
autocontrolit

1746-BAS DH485 port

4 posts in this topic

I have never used the 1746-BAS module, but I have 3 of them laying here in my garage and am in need additional ports on my SLC 5/04 rack I have installed to control my garage items/test projects. I posted a thread earlier this year regarding the 1746-KE and realized it will not do what I want. Work has finally slowed a little and I have some time to play again. My question now is can I use the DH485 port on the 1746-BAS just as I would use channel 0 on the SLC connected my 1761-NET-AIC module and connect the 1761-NET-AIC to my DH485 network for upload/download DH485 messaging. If this is possible what configuration if any is necessary, and does anyone have some sample code for the basic module to get me started? I would like to use channel 0 DF1 to connect to my 1761-NET-ENI so I can run some test on my OPC data collector I am developing in VB.net 2005. Thanks guys

No, it can't. The ports are available to the user program.

jstolaruk is correct the 1746-BAS like most communications modules serves as a data receiver and buffer. It takes ladder code to read and write the module which then sends or receives data.

Thanks guys, it looks like I am going to hook up my 1785-L40B to tie it all together.