Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

CX-Designer hiding numeral input

11 posts in this topic

I am creating a custom password entry popup screen. A numeral display & input object is set with adress $W10. It is using the input from a pop-up screen where I have put command buttons which write numeral strings to enter the password. A macro in the object when Value = Set value executes a SHOWPAGE command. This works fine, only I want the numeral input object to appear as a button without displaying the actual input value. Therefore I have set the control flags: Input > Enable Display > Display Display (Numeral Display) > No display The numeric value is hidden while there is no activity but once the numeral input is pressed, it still displays a feed character and following the characters which are input by the popup screen. But I want nothing to be visible. I have tried setting the text color the same as the the object background, but this doesn't effect the character colour which is still visible. Any ideas ?

Hay, For clear value from displej test with thes, maybe help's

Thanks Zoran, but I already tried this. It only makes the input dissapear immediately after confirmation of the input characters, but the input field stays visible during entering the characters. It has the same visible effect as releasing the focus on the field. Besides, string input misses the option to hide the entry while not at focus so I have to stick with numeral input. I have tried many other options but it seems I just have to live with the fact it stays visible during input

How about copy and paste the input button directly on top of itself. With the new button disable the input and set it to display only while the popup screen is active.

Thanks ECSI, I'd like to try this. How can I achieve this ... by using the Display control flag ? And what handle can I use to detect the popup screen active ?

$SW1, $SW4, and $SW7 contain the current popup screen numbers. I believe if only one popup is active at a time then that popup screen number will be stored in $SW1. You could use $SW1 as a display trigger for the numeral input. Edited by ECSI

Thanks ECSI! I used the method with a copy of the numeral input but now with disabled input, which displays while the popupscreen is active and at the same time hides the numeral input. I tried running a macro that compares $W1 with the popup screen number, but then ran in to timing issues. Now I use the "when loading" and "when unloading" macro conditions in the screen/sheet property of my tenkey popup screen, which sets a system bit when loaded. I use this bit as a control flag for displaying the dummy input button with no display. Now when pressing the button, only a glitch can be seen but the picture and text stay visible. Thanks for getting me in the right direction... I must say CXD has so much options that it dazzles me sometimes. Also not all function names are that self-explaining.

Glad it worked out for you. I realized after my last reply that the control flag needed to be an On/Off condition so I was looking into a mbetter way to do it but you already have it solved. By glitch do you mean that the input field goes active a split second before the dummy input shows up? I wonder if there is a better way to activate the macro when the numeral input is pressed instead of when loading the popup window.

Yes that's what is happening. I can live with it though. The advantage of using the loading/unloading condition is that I only have to define a command to set and reset the bit. I have tried applying a macro to detect the popup window nr. on the numeral input, but the what execution condition would be best ? Before inputting numeral or when changing numeral ? As I understand I can't run a macro on the touch action of the numeral input directly. I have spent some time on this already now and will move on the designing the rest of the application... still a lot to do. Oh just a general question if you would know; I believe as long as a popup screen is active you can't control anything that is not on the touch screen right ? Thanks again for the help.

Try checking the 'Enable input on other screens' tick box. The manual doesn't really explain what this means but it may work. Edited by ECSI

Totally overlooked this option and it exactly adresses my question !