Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vampire

NEWBIE need GE FANUC LM90 help

9 posts in this topic

I'll probably your worst nightmare... Just got a GE FANUC 90 Micro w/ 28 Ins and Outs. Downloaded Logicmaster 90 vers 9.05 on my XP laptop and purchased a USB program cable off ebay to connect to the PLC. Problem is that I know nothing about ladder logic and need to train myself on writing code and programing in LM90. I've beeen trying to track down a PDF of the GE FANUC Manual # GFK-0467 which seems to be the programing /users manual for my PLC. however with no success. This is strictly a "For Fun" project as Im using the PLC to control animitronics for halloween displays in the front yard. ( Already planning for next year ) Any help in a LM90 crash course will be helpful. Many thanks in advance. Bart

I have this manual if you need it email me. I will check this post in a day or so to see if you need my email address...... I am brand new to this site and am not quite sure how all this works. You are quite brave using LM90 to learn for the first time with if you are not familiar with that DOS screen.... Anyways good luck hope to hear from you

Hi Vampire and MotionController Welcome to MrPLC Vampire, you may want to look in our downloads section under GE for some sample information MotionController, if you have a manual that would be helpful please feel free to put it in our downloads section http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=downloads Also Vampire, you may wish to look at some of the previous threads here and see if they help you. Below is the results of a quick search for LM90 http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Sear...ighlite=%2Blm90 Good Luck TW

Thanks guys for the reply, I hope that I downloaded the right manual for learning this software. It was GFK-0467. One of the guys from another forum put me on to a site where I could download it from. If you can recomend any other publications that you are aware of that would be helpful, Id apreciate it. Bart

Bart, GFK-0467 is the Logicmaster 90-30 reference manual which provides descriptions of all the instructions in the Series 90 function set. It was written for the 90-30, and there may be some functions that aren't compatible with the Series 90 Micro. Other manuals you may want to download include: GFK-0466 Logicmaster User's manual. This one provides details on how to navigate through Logicmaster and what you can do in the various modules. GFK-1065 Series 90 Micro User's manual

Thanks Steve, FYI... I've found and uploaded Manuals: GFK-1065F GFK-0467L GFK-0466L to the "GE" downloads Manuals and Tutorials section of this site. Bart

Most of the GE Fanuc manuals that have been uploaded to this site are there because GE Fanuc chooses not to make them available at their own website. They are generally manuals for older, obsolete product lines.

Looks like I have assembled most of the manuals except DATASHEET GFK-1222. Anyone have a copy? Bart

GFK-1222 is just a datasheet for the 28-point Series 90 Micro. There is nothing in it that can't also be found in GFK-1065.