Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mwiggins

PLC5 read from Logix 5000

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to to a PLC 5 read in a Logix 5000 to get data from a PLC 5. I am confused about the routing. Could anyone help. I have it set up as PLC 5 Type read in the Configuration Tab. The number of elements is 1. I am trying to configure the routing in the Communication tab. Here is my path. Logix processor Backplane slot 2 1756 DHRIO Chnl B Link 2 DH+ Node 70 1756 DHRIO Slot 2 Chnl A Link 7 Backplane Slot 3 1756 DHRIO Chnk B Link 4 DH+ Node 35 PLC 5 Processor Any hints on the routing would be appreciated. I know I must be missing something simple. Thanks Marty

Greetings Marty ... and welcome to the forum ... here's the most common error in this sort of setup: if a node number is 70 (octal) then you have to enter the node as 56 (decimal) when you put the path together ... if the node number is 35 (octal) then you have to enter the node as 29 (decimal) when you put the path together ... disclaimer: I'm going by memory here - and I don't have time to check this out ... if this hint doesn't get you going, then post again and tell us how your system is set up ... hint: don't just tell us how you're setting the path ... instead, tell us the actual addresses of all of the nodes,etc. that are involved ... one thing that we'll need to know is why you're using two DHRIO modules ... that's possible - but not common ... if you're really doing this, it would be good to know how the DH+ cables are connected from port to port ... the more we know, the more we can help ... if you can't get it done by Monday afternoon, I'll try to duplicate your system in the lab and work it out for you ... but I'll need to know EVERYTHING about the system to do that ... good luck ...

The reason for the multiply DHRIO cards is that we have tied a couple of different areas in our plant together. I am only responsible for the Control Logix processor. I am trying to get information from a different area. I will try the suggestions. Thanks

OK, here goes... Logic processor to back plane to DHRIO in slot 2. 1,2, Out channel B to node 70 on DH+ (Is that octal or decimal node number? The example below is correct for decimal) 3, 70, Node 70 is apparently another DHRIO card in a different chassis. That chassis has two DHRIO cards which are nodes on two different DH+ networks. To backplane to DHRIO in slot 3. 1,3, Out channel B to node 35 on DH+ (Once again, is that octal or decimal node number?) 3, 35 I've never attempted to bridge DH+ networks like this, so I can't say for certain this will work but it does follow the routing rules. I know you can bridge DH+ networks with PLC-5s and that you need link IDs for that. Edited by mellis

I have tried this exact setup and the MSG goes enabled, but does not go done or time out for error. I have to do some more research. I have not tried using the link addresses. Maybe that is the key.