Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Ked

A New Problem!?!?

6 posts in this topic

Thanks Guys (previous Topic), I can now send e-mails... Sort of! Here's my problem now: My SMTP Client Service is set up thus: Server Port - 25 Mail Server - mail.o2.co.uk My Domain Name - o2.co.uk My Email Address - pyranhaoven1@o2.co.uk I can send e-mails to myself (paulked@o2.co.uk) but not to anyone else eg petermackereth@pyranha.com and the terminal just hangs up when I try. Do you think it could be something to do with the mail server at o2 or something wrong in the E910? Also, how can I just dump the trend file to a local PC via the ethernet link without using HMI Tools? The manual is quite vague on this one. This job is driving me crazy, it's like a steeplechase with about 1001 hurdles which keep tripping me up at almost every one! I would appreciate any help. Forever in your debt Paul Ked

The fact that you can send emails to yourself (internal) and not to others (external) leads me to believe it is something at your mail server o2. Does your mail server require authentication, SSL, or some other type of security?

I have sent an enquiry to o2 about this but, as yet, have not received a reply. The fact of the matter may be a password is needed to authenticate outgoing mail to other servers?

I'm not sure if the E-terminal allowed you to set a password for the account at the server or not. Some equipment does not, and if it does not, the mail server won't let you in. You can't just leave an open mail server which requires no password as that's where spam starts. If the configuration didn't ask for a mail server account and password, then it has no means to give the password to the server, and requires an open connection. Best bet is run a cheap (or free) mail server within the plant and have it log in with username and password to the outside mailserver. This is what I have done for PLCs in the past.

Hi, The old E-terminals (E300 - E910) does not support SMTP-servers that require authentication. However, the new E1000-terminals supports authentication, which means that it's possible to login to the mailserver. I know that some of our customer's use a service at www.smtp.com to relay e-mails. //Supporter Edited by Supporter

Thanks for that, will look into it. Best Regards Paul Ked