Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manav

1794-0E12 FLEX I/O CONFIGURATION PROBLEM

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with 1794-OE12 module. This is a recent module and we are using it for the first time. We have tried all recommended configurations from the manual for the module and from Rockwell Automation Customer Support. But we still get the LED status light blinking green. Also we are unable to generate an output in any format (Only checked for 4-20mA) from any channel in the module. If anyone has used this module, please reply a suggestion. I have configured this module in Slot 0 of local I/O chassis of 1794-L34 FlexLogix processor. I have also put a 1794-OE4 module in slot 1 and is working fine. So clearly the problem lies in the configuration of the module.

I am pretty sure you have correct base (TB3G) , connected 24VDC and saw this table. two things you need to do: - Set enable bit - Constantly toggle WR bit If module detected Wire-off condition, then this output will stay off until WR bit toggled. You can't just simply keep it ON There is no way to disable wire-off detection. Read and post here status word.

Thanks. I have the OE12 module working fine now. I had contacted Rockwell Customer Support and had the same feedback from them as you gave. I did the required and configured my module. Following are some observations: 1. The WireOffReset bit for the module can be toggled on and off just once and it would still work. Problem comes if wires are to be connected to the channels online. In that case the bit would have to be toggled programmatically. Also the program has to toggle this bit on and off for about 1 sec or so. Instantaneous toggling does not work. 2. In some cases the status LED would still blink after following the described steps. In this case what works is that 12 channels have to be shorted individually. After that the power to the module has to be reset. And then the WireOffReset bit has to be toggled on and off once. Then the LED becomes steady and the module works fine!!!! Thanks a lot for the response, it was extremely helpful. PS: I wonder why this information, which is essential to configure the 1794-OE12 module is not present in the module manual or on Rockwell web-site / knowledgebase?? Can anyone clue me in to the reason why this information is not available easily? I lost a couple of working days grappling with this problem, when all I had to do was have this information provided to me............

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...in106_-en-p.pdf