Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JD1ROSE

sy/max square d

13 posts in this topic

I HAVE AN OLDER SQUARE D SY/MAX PLC, IT COMES UP WITH AN ERROR # 20009 I HAVE BEEN UN ABLE TO FIND THE SOURCE OF THIS ERROR. BELOW IS THE LIST OF EQUIPMENT AND THE STATUS WHEN THIS ERROR ACCRUES. IF YOU COULD PLEASE HELP SOLVE THIS PROBLEM OR YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT, r1daros@hotmail.com. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- MAIN I/O RACK ASSEMBLY SY/MAX CLASS 8030 TYPE HRK-200 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SY/MAX PROCESSOR, STATUS WHEN FAULT ACCRUES MODEL 400 RUN, LIGHT FLASHING I/O, LIGHT ON. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LOCAL REMOTE INTERFACE, STATUS WHEN FAULT ACCRUES SY/MAX CLASS 8030 TYPE CRM 210 RUN, LIGHT ON CHANEL 1 ERROR, LIGHT ON RUN, LIGHT ON CHANEL 2 MODULE ERROR ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CLASS 8030 TYPE HRK-100 I/O RACK ASSEMBLY -------------------------------------------------------------------------- SY/MAX CLASS 8030 TYPE ROM-121 STANDARD ANALOG OUTPUT CARD MODULE RUN, LIGHT ON STATUS WHEN FAULT ACCRUES REMOTE INTERFACE SY/MAX 8030 TYPE CRM 222 HALT, LIGHT ON STATUS WHEN FAULT ACCRUES

Error 20009 is a slot register error. Per the manual ---- the 0009 will point out the first register number assigned to the CPU register slot containing a faulty module. Further inspection of that registers status field will provide additional diagnostics. Hope this points you in the right direction. George

Do you know how to check a slot register. This is old software and processor. If you have worked with this type of processor and can supply more assistance I will be very grateful. Thanks Roy This was an email from Roy. I said that best to ask and get answers through the forum. So to start, Roy, what software and version are you using? What is the rack addressing of the racks? Does it immediately go into fault when you try to get the processor to run? George

SOFWARE INFO CLASS 8010 TYPE SFWW-374 REVISION 1.0 OCTOBOR 10,1989 There is 3 pieces of equipment, a main press, a tapper and a cutoff press. The processor sy/max is in the tapper with some inputs and outputs that go to the main press and cut off press. When they all are running in continuos mode the line will run fine. The fault comes up when the cut off press is inching by itself. the tapper is idle and the main press is idle at that time. This is the only time the fault comes up. when the fault happens the power to the tapper processor is cycled and it will come on in run mode. t only happens sometimes not all the time. Nothing happens to the cut off press omoron processor it will stay in run mode.

Roy, Go online when everything is working OK. Then go to rack addressing, copy and paste the rack addressing. Also, has anything been changed or added? This will help in answering the 20009 error. In the years I worked on SquareD PLC's most of the time Analog Out's seemed to be the biggest problem causing processors to halt. Does a drive or other piece of similar equipment come on only during that step ( one that gets a value from the ROM-121)? ROM-121 modules are NON-ISOLATED and seem to have the greatest problems. I sent you an email with the ROM-121 manual attached. I'm not sure I can attach an 850K file here. George

George, if you cannot attach a file of that size you can always put it in the Downloads section. Since Modicon and Square D are both owned by Schneider Electric, I might consider putting it in the Manuals section for Modicon, or in the Other PLCs section. That way it's in Downloads for anybody who needs it.

Thanks, I have others, but I will start with the one I sent him. George ROM121_30598_204_01B1.pdf

THANKS FOR YOUR VALUED TIME IN HELPING ME WITH MY PROBLEM. YES, THERE IS A DONFOSS VLT5032 DRIVE THAT GETS IT SIGNAL FROM A SY/MAX CLASS 8030 TYPE ROM-121 STANDARD ANALOG OUTPUT CARD MODULE. I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT. BUT HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS PROBLEM? WHEN THIS CUTOFF PRESS IS INCHED IS WHEN THE PROCESSOR GOES TO HALT AND THE ERROR COMES ON BUT NOT EVERY TIME. AS STATED IN PREVIOUS MESSAGE, THE TAPPER AND MAIN PRESS ARE IDLE WHEN THE CUTOFF PRESS IS INCHED.. THE LINE WILL WORK FINE IN CONTINUOUS MODE ALL 3 PIECES OF EQUIPMENT. WHEN THE CUTOFF PRESS IS INCHED THERE IS A LOAD ON THE DANFOSS DRIVE. THE DRIVE CONTROLS THE MOTOR THE DRIVES THE FLYWHEEL. THANKS AGAIN.

Roy, Cheapest way would be to go through an isolator. There are many different brands out there. We used Action Instruments, 4-20mA in 4-20mA out. George

Do you have one that you can recomend? Where to get one? I'm not familure with a isolator for this application. Thanks Roy.

AUTOMATION DIRECT SELLS A, FC-11, 4-20MA ISOLATED SIGNAL CONDITIONER. DO YOU THINK THAT THIS MODEL WILL WORK?

Roy, I have not used one of those from Automation direct, but by the specs should work. The Action Instruments, AP4380-2000, is what we used. George

George, I will order one of the Action Instruments, AP4380-2000 and let you know how it worked out. If you have any information on installation that maybe I should be aware of please let me know. Thanks again for your help. Roy...