Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECSI

Something to ponder....

35 posts in this topic

Learn something new every day. Thanks, Alaric! I'm curious to see the OP post the answer that the newsletter was looking for.

The answer should be in tomorrows newsletter. I'll post it then. Not sure how this topic turned into a beer and tequila topic though...LOL.

An IV drip is much better.

You had to read deep into Panic theory

okay, put away the beer and tequila...here is the official answer: BTW, there is a lot of great info in those GlobalSpec Newsletters. If you're interested here's the link. The above challenge question is in the Techs & Specs newsletter. http://www.globalspec.com/Subscriptions/SignUp?pub=4 Edited by ECSI

See I told you Panic had the correct answer. Vacuum! Joking aside, very interesting

Not sure if I will buy the corona effect. Working on vacuum chambers we did see the effect but it was only while we were pulling down. Once we re4ached 3x10^4 mmbars of pressure the arcing went away. So unless the Spaceship was going in and out of vacuum I do not see how that burned up the motors. FYI...I learned about this phenomenon the hard way. I added some flourecent lights to a vacuum chamber and these lights shot out arcs which fired several load cells and controller modules. After some testing I found that once you reach a certain level of vacuum this will not continue to happen. So I set the lights to energize once that level was reached. We nicknamed the pressure level the spark zone. Needless to say it put on an incredible light show.

There's a big difference between the tequilas you normally buy in Europe and some of the finest mexican brands, for example Don Julio. If all you ever tasted was cheap european stuff, I understand you, though...

What, no Jose Cuevo over there? Not the best but I thought it was everywhere

One tequilla....two tequilla...three tequilla....floor......