Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Internet Explorer 7

35 posts in this topic

That's the whole problem with Microsoft having a monopoly on things!! I tired IE7 this weekend its fine, they finally caught up. I mainly use Firefox, I keep IE around though because once in a while something will only work on IE. I tried and liked Opera also, but my wife likes firefox. Either way doesn't matter to me anyway, its just nice not having to use Microsoft for everything all the time. I use Microsoft everything at the office.

OK - I just tried Firefox 2.0 and I now know why it has its name. It is faster than IE7 loading most web pages I browse. Got to say I am impressed.

This probably sounds really simple but the feature I have enjoyed the most so far is the find bar at the bottom. It's not stuck on the screen right where you need to read, not only finds while you are typing but is green when there is a word that matches on the screen and red and makes noise when there is no matching word. Didn't mean to jack your thread and make it about Firefox but got curious when everyone started talking about the tabbed views and I can't upgrade to IE7. I should have started a new thread

Not a hi jack just a good exchange of ideas and the "better" browser won.

Firefox is nice and 2.0 is even better. I like the Red X allowing you to close tabs easily. This is old news, but IE7 still has some security issues. My I.T. guy asked me not to download it at work.

How long has Firefox 2 been in its production version? What about IE7?

I've been using Firefox for a couple of years now. I upgraded to IE7 a couple of weeks ago and it hasn't run since. It hangs up, just says connecting and then hangs. I cannot shut it down even from the task manager, all I can do is reboot. I have no idea why it won't work, but so far I am not impressed.

Been using IE7 on the company laptop for a few weeks now. I haven't had any hang ups or other problems, only thing I am trying to setup is the security. It looks like some settings like allow scripting and popups for a particular site are not stored, the next time I visit a site and run a script like insterting a hyperlink here in a post it blocks it again and I have to allow it again. I tried changing the security level but somehow it doesn't accept it and goes back to previous level

I tried loading IE7 last weekend. It looks nice and I liked the "feel" of the workings BUT it ran like crap. locked up all the time wouldn't find a web page(this one among others) and finely on Monday night I restored back to IE6. I am using XP pro and haven't had any problems yet....{hingers crossed} Is it just me or is it every time there is an update things get slower.lol Racer Edited by mracer

i had IE 7 on 3 computers and it made various things not work or crash so i uninstalled it on all of them. hopefully with the error reports i sent they can fix it all soon and i may try it again later. hope everyone else has better luck