Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hipoint2

HMI's?

6 posts in this topic

I am thinking about implementing an HMI, but don't know which way to go and thought maybe you guys would shed some light on what you use. I have a couple of SLC 5/05's running on ethernet and want to display some graphics and stuff in a control room. I didn't really want to go with a panelview, but something on a PC and the only thing I can think of is RSView with RSLinx, but wanted maybe something different. Got any suggestions?

Try using RSview ME with a VersaView 15" its a computer with a touchscreen front panel...Around $3400.00 for the 15" versaView another $500.00 for the Rsview Studio for ME.

If you already have a PC in the control room that you can use, there is another option available for RSView ME. You can purchase a license that will let you run an RSView ME application on a Windows PC. The price of the license varies depending on how many screens you will be running, but for a small setup, this would likely cost less than a VersaView PC. Of course, you will still have to purchase RSView Studio software to create the HMI screens... Rick

Check out FactorySQL and FactoryPMI. They're reasonably priced, easy to use, and very powerful. You can download a free fully functional demo that's only limited to a resettable 2 hour client runtime. We will help you get the project up and running even before you buy anything. -- Nathan Boeger, MCSE Inductive Automation "Design simplicity cures engineered complexity" Edited by Nathan

If you are good in HTML coding, you can try setup web based HMI by deploying Windows IIS; without SCADA software. http://www.opcwebclient.com/index.html

I have toyed with Nathans Software, but I have not put it into a realworld application. Support seemssolid and i really like what i have seen from them