Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chad

addresssing

3 posts in this topic

I am new at omron and trying to find out how it address for IO My tags or 200 201 201 240 001and so on it not making much sence \ help please

Chad, Welcome to the forum! What is the model number of the processor you are working with? What software are you using? The more information you give us, the better our answer will be.

As well as the processor model the layout of modules on the rack is important. For example, if you are using a CJ1 and the card layout is 16 bit input, 32 bit input, 16 bit ouput, 64 bit output the addresses would be, provided the starting address of the rack has not been changed, 16 bit input addresses 0000.00 to 0000.15 32 bit input 1st channel 0001.00 to 00001.15 2nd channel 0002.00 to 0002.15 16 bit output 0003.00 to 0003.15 64 bit output 1st channel 0004.00 to 0004.15 2nd channel 0005.00 to 0005.15 3rd channel 0006.00 to 0006.15 4th channel 0007.00 to 0007.15 Analogue cards and other special cards are treated differently. You really need to refer to the manual. However, if you have an analogue input card with the DIP switch set to adress "0" the starting address for the card will be channel 2000. Much more information required to assess your enquiry. By the way, once you get used to Omron and CX-One, it is really easy and you will probably not want to go back. For example, when entering address 0005.12 in CX-Programmer, you only need to type in 512 and the software takes care of the rest. No %, I, Q or anything else to type in. If you set up your I/O cards in the I/O table section first, CX-Programmer will automatically allocate the addresses to inputs or outputs and place an "I" or "Q" in front of the address on the screen for you. Helps enormously and makes for faster program development. Like first time with any strange PLC it can be daunting. I have just finished my first project with Siemens for about 10-12 years and it was a really big wake up call. I had just about forgotten everything I had learned about Siemens and really struggled at first. Continued struggling until the project was completed. Good luck. Edited by BobB