Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roger8551

help! about VB and micrologix1200

7 posts in this topic

hi all, if anyone can tell me : how can i use VB or C to communication with micrologix1200 (1762-L24BXBR) ?? i have false thousand times........ really thank you for everyone's help !!

What do you want to do and how are you attaching to it? Are you wanting to make a VB Operator Interface or somthing like that? What Version of VB are you wanting to use VB6, VB2005, VB2005 Express? Serial, Ethernet, ect. ?

first of all, thank you for your help!! =P i want to make a VB operator interface through the serial (com 0). and the software i used was VB6. thanks again.

Yes you can create an Operator Interface using VB6 and tie it to a micrologix1200 (1762-L24B). You actually have several options and decisions to make. 1. Do you plan to use DDE or OPC as your data handler? IMHO DDE is simplier for the neophyte, but sluggish and bulky on large projects. OPC has greater speed and flexability, but will take longer to learn and master. 2. Do you plan to use RSlinx or a third party product as your driver? Again IMHO RSlinx is the simplest solution, but not the cheapest or most efficient. Several third party products outperform Linx for data handling and cost significantly. Also if you check the downloads section Jay Anthony was nice enough to post the DF-1 Protocol manual for AB so that you could theoritically write your own driver in VB. Have a look around and when you think you want to try a method don't hesitate to ask for assistance. If I've left out a way to connect VB6 to micrologix1200 (1762-L24B) I am sure I'll have adders to this post.

YES! this is what i need! thank you! thank you very much!! i've download the DF-1 Protocol manual for AB and read hard. i will tell you the new evolvement. fall all over!!

I've been using the InGear products for many years and its always returned more than the intial investment. Drop in an activeX, the driver is free when you distribute your code, and you're good to go for a single one-time investment. You'll spend a lot more money developing it yourself IMO. http://www.ingeardrivers.com/ Edited by jstolaruk

i agree. there is free DF1 driver for VB.NET (http://www.tomantron.com...)