Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

GE 90-30 Rack, Loss of I/O Module Fault?

32 posts in this topic

Russ, What do you know about this? Will this patch the CC revision WITHOUT having to replace this module via a hardware upgrade? That's what I am hearing so far is that this patch won't fixed it until I replace the whole unit. I got the green light to try this patch, but i didn't know if your sources told you something different. Any information you have would be appreciated.

Well....I went ahead and flashed it. It had version 1.16 firmware installed which is the -CC version. I flashed it to version 1.29 which is suppose to make it a -DD version I guess......, so far so good it powered back up. It's only been 10 minutes...LOL... The PDF says this, which to me says this probably won't work for me. "Hardware versions IC693PBM200-Cx and earlier cannot be updated to this hardware release. Customers with PBM200-Cx and earlier hardware who experience the issue “PBM200 May Stop Scanning PROFIBUS Network” described on page 2 should contact GE Fanuc Technical Support."

I am sure that you are getting good at this.

I am glad that these issues are getting resolved! I hope to not have to deal with this when the machine arrives. Can't think of anyone better to have on the job troubleshooting this problem!!! Sincerely, Technical Staff from above mentioned customer

Ooops....busted!...now I gotta behave.....Welcome to MrPLC! LOL... Anyway.... Update..... Well so far so good after installing the -DD 1.29 version firmware in my -CC hardware profibus master card. I haven't seen any "Loss of I/O" errors in the fault table and have not noticed any reboots. It's been running for about 24 hours now. I still would like a confirmation that this in fact is the correct way to fix this issue. I don't want to be the guinea pig on this one. I've gotten conflicting information from GE people, one says this won't work and I need to replace the hardware, the other says this will work...when I firm up which way is the right way, I'll let you guys know and considered this topic closed.

Update.... Well, that didn't last long...about 37 hours later...Guess what? Profibus Reboots. It just started rebooting this morning. It's reboot twice now in 30 minutes. When it reboots this time, it actually FAULTS the CPU. So I am going to stop saying reboot, because now it's not rebooting. It's taking out the CPU with it. I am getting a Loss of I/O module, then a CPU crash. Attached is the fault code. Same code as always. Guess that firmware patch didn't work...I am waiting on my GE guy to call back.... M1270_fault_009.pdf

Final Update.. Ok so I wanted to follow up on this thread. Last you knew I downloaded the -DD firmware software and I flashed my -CC profibus card to a -DD firmware. The hardware was still a -CC. And there was some confusion as to if the software would work or if I had to change the hardware too. It worked for awhile then started re-booting again. GE sent me a -DD hardware version with -DD firmware already installed. I've been running this card for over a week now with no profibus issues. So the answer is, you must get your profibus card changed to a -DD hardware version. the hardware has been changed in the card from -CC to -DD. This hardware change is what corrects the rebooting issue. So finally, this thread is done and now archived forever on mrplc to the next unwitting...thanks Steve and Russ for all the input, hopefully if you two run into this problem you'll know the answer right away.