Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ifriarod

ControlLogix Devicenet card, firmware error

9 posts in this topic

Hi ti All Yesterday, i was updating the firmware of the devicenet card (f/w 3.3 to 6.1) it is mounted on chassis with proccesor 1756-L1, (that i updated too, from v10 to v13) But when the devicenet card restarted, it show me a error msg "BT61" and just the OK led in red, the do it no more. When i try to return to the old version, the flash software tells me, that this version is not compatible. Do i have to change the card for a new one? Did i damaged? Is it possible to return to a old version? Thanks in Advance, for you help P.S. Is it posible to update the PLC firmware to V15? Thanks again Isaias Frias Rodriguez

Ifriaod, You can go backwards in firmwear but it has to be in incremental steps ie 6.6 to 5 then 5 to 4 etc rockwell website will have a bundle you can download with the other versions. If you power down the card during a firmwear upgrade / downgrade the card will be toast. Have had this happen a few times with the L1's. Regards Craig W

No, V13 is as far as a L1 processor can go.

The "BT61" error indicates that the 1756-DNB is running boot firmware for version 6.1. The module will do this if the flash upgrade was incomplete and the boot firmware detects corrupted operating firmware. It is possible that this corruption is due to an incomplete upgrade, in which case another attempt at upgrading the firmware may succeed. When only the boot firmware is running, the module must be upgraded over the Logix backplane; the DeviceNet port is not enabled. It is also possible that this corruption is due to a damaged flash memory chip, in which case the module will need to be repaired by Rockwell or replaced. It should be possible to upgrade from version 3.3 to version 6.1 directly, but I have always done incremental major upgrades; 3.x to 4.x, 4.x to 5.x, 5.x to 6.x. This avoids any possibility of the boot code not supporting the new runtime firmware.

Gracias, I wil verify the things you say Thaks at all Isaias Frias Frias

I will say that I have "Bricked" a CPU or two when flashing Firmware. MY local AB rep has always done a no cost exchange on new equipment. Yours can probably do something similiar if this is not ancient equipment.

Hi People, I has the same problem with my DeviceNet card. I update de firmware 3.003 to 6.001 and the message “BT61”show me. Isaias you fixed your problem? How? Tanks, Alien Wesley

Hi Alien Wesly I did not fixed the problem. Because the software do not let me fix that. I get the message, that i wrote in last post. And i had to buy a new one. Sorry if i can not help you in this problem Isaias Frias