Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
solder monkey

SLC 5/03 Clearing Faults

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to help out someone that has the same setup as i do clear a fault light on a slc 5/03. What happens sometimes when we loose power is the fault light comes on and the program won't run...all i do is hook up a laptop thru a AB-PIC, go to processor status and "clear major errors"...light goes out and everything is fine again. Now we have the same setup 800 miles away from me that is having the same problem. I've been trying to talk them thru it but their laptop is a mess and i'm having no success getting the drivers for the PIC to work and what not so there is no going online. So the simple question is "can you clear major errors without going online with RSlogix 500?" Also for future processor faults, what whould be the best way to setup a manual push button on the panelview or whatever to clear errors? or would you just set the s:1/8 bit to 1 and reflash to eeprom?

If I recall there is a certain sequence with the CPU key that clears a major status bit error. Run to Prog to Run ?? (It is in one of the tech manuals)

From the SLC Hardware manual... Clearing SLC 5/03, SLC 5/04, and SLC 5/05 Processor Faults Using the Keyswitch Toggle the keyswitch from RUN to PROG and then back to RUN; this will clear some faults. If the keyswitch is left in the RUN position, the processor mode cannot be changed from a programmer/operator interface device. If you return the keyswitch to the REM position, you can then use a programmer/operator interface device to change the processor mode. If you clear a processor fault using the keyswitch, the processor immediately enters the Run mode. HTH! Susan Edited by ssommers

thanks for the help i should have mentioned it is a flashing fault light key method & cycling power didn't work...talk to AB (after getting a free 90 day trial for tech support) and they said that's the only 2 things you do without going online. The only other thing is to jumper VBB to GND on the card but that will set it back to factory defaults and clear the ladder. looks like it's back to play with RSlogix

This may or may not work never tried it but.... Setup a fault routine. In the routine Latch S:1/8 Latch S:5/0 Unlatch S:1/13 This hopefully will set a minor error which will still stop the processor (but can be reset by key). Will unlatch the major error, and will set the reset on powerup bit.