Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
claud

SLC 5/04 Major I/O Error

5 posts in this topic

Hi all. Does anyone knows how to clear this error "xx55h" i tried a couple of times to clear the fault and it still faults when switching on run mode. When i disabled the slot by setting S:6/11 to '0' it works but i cannot use the input card anymore. Im starting to think that the card might be the problem and has to be replaced. Does anybody know what can i do so i can get it working again? plz see atatchment pic Thank you

Assuming the RSLogix's I/O configuration actually matches what the card is, a new card may be the only fix. However, the error description suggests that the card is a specialty card that you have to specifically identify in the I/O configuration's advance setting for that slot. What card is it?

jstolaruk It is a 1746IA16 Input Module and it dosent recognise it anymore. Until today it worked perfect but today when i tried to Read I/O in that specific slot where the card is it says OTHER

I believe you can manually declare that slot 6 is a 1746-IA16 rather than read the configuration. If this still does not rectify the issue I'd start with a new IA16 card. Hopefully you have a spare laying around.

If its possible to take the machine offline for a short time, you may want to try switching that input card with different card in the rack and read in the I/O configuration. If the problem stays with the slot and doesn't follow the input card, then you have a bad rack. This would be a less likely scenario than a bad card.