Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tournier

Twido with Magelis XBT-N401

6 posts in this topic

I'm using an Twido Plc with Magelis XBT-N401, comunication cable XBT Z 968, Modbus protocol, but it is no comunication between. Modbus is the only protocol I can chose on both units.Any ideeas?

Check for the manuals on www.telemecanique.com. I think you should be able to select Unitelway for this connection, not Modbus.

Hi The cables have changed, you need a xbt9780 and you need to use modbus protocol

Thank you for your help, I managed to solve the problem. Once again, thank you

Hi Tournier... Exactly the same problem I'm facing with XBTN400(2). I'm struggling to achieve communication betwween the Twido PLC & XBT. Can you explain what exactly you did. I'm eager to know. Regards, Thanks and best wishes Raj S. Iyer

Hi raj Did you manage to communicate them(Twido & XBT).Below is waht i did but still not abale to get it done I HAVE A MAGELIS HMI XBTG4320 AND A TWIDO PLC TWDLCDA24DRF.I HAVE FOLLOWING DETAILS: HARWARE SETTINGS::: 1-I AM USING TWIDOSUIT FOR PLC AND VIJEO DESIGNER FOR HMI. 2-I AM USING DOWNLOADING CABLE FOR HMI "XBTZG935" (PC)USB<------------------>USB(HMI) 3-THE CABLE B/W PLC AND HMI IS "XBTZ9780" (PLC)MINI DIN<----------->RJ45(HMI) SOFTWARE SETTINGS::: PLC: 1-OPENED TWIDOSUIT AND IN WORKSPACE OF DESCRIPTION I DRAGED AND DROPPED TWIDO PLC TWDLCDA24DRF AND CLICKED ON TWIDO PLC AND SETTED THE TYPE MODBUS AND ADDRESS AS 1 (Slave). 2-SIMILARLY I DRAGED AND DROPPED MAGELIS HMI AND MADE ITS SETTINGS AS MODBUS Master AND ADDRESS 0(Master) 3- I JOINED THE MIN DIN CONNECTOR OF PLC WITH THE HMI,SO ON WORKSPACE IT SHOWED ME"MY NETWORK 1 ,19200" ,PARITY=EVEN,STOP=1,DATA BITS=8 4-IN PROGRAMMING OF PLC I DIRECTLY ENERGIZED %M0 --------------------------------(%M0) 5- I DOWNLOADED THIS PROGRAM ON PLC. HMI:: 1-OPEN VIJEO DESIGNER CREATED A PROJECT WITH NETWORK AS MODBUS RTU AND SLAVE EQUIPMENT "1" AS TWIDO PLC ADDRESS IN ABOVE PLC SETTINGS IS MADE ONE(CHECK STEP 1),XBTG MODEL=XBTG4320, 2-SETTINGS ARE ALSO LIKE THEIR IN PLC BAUD RATE 19200,PARITY=EVEN,STOP=1,DATA BITS=8,COM PORT=COM2 3-CREATED A VARIABLE WITH TYPE=DISCREAT, DEVICE ADDRESS %M0,SOURCE=EXTERNAL 4-I M JUST CREATED A CIRCLE AND IN ITS VISIBLE TAB I CHECK BLINKING ANIMATION AND AND SELECTED THE VARIBALE %M0 WHICH I CREATED ABOVE CONCLUSION: I HAVE DIRECTLY ENERGIZED %M0 FROM PLC AND ALSO CREATED A VARIABLE %M0 IN HMI AND TAGGED WITH THE BLINKING CIRCLE AND SELECT COM 2 IN HMI.BECAUSE COM2 IN HMI IS CONNECTING HMI ITSELF AND PLC THROUGH CABLE XBTZ9780 AS I DESCRIBED IN HARWARE SECTION.NOW WHEN I DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM IN HMI,THERE IS A CIRCLE BUT ITS NOT BLINKING,AND AFTER SOME SECONDS IT SHOWS TIME OUT NO RESPONSE FROM PLC. NOW BROTHERS HELP ME OUT WHY THIS IS SO.WHY %M0 IS NOT LINKED